- Indicates direction of fault
- Works under all weather conditions
- Survives rough handling and transport
- Converts to voltage gradient tester with optional earth frame
- Long-lasting 9-volt battery
The Electromagnetic Impulse Detector has been designed to localize faults on buried cable by detecting the magnitude and polarity of current established on a cable during surging with a surge generator.
The instrument is composed of an amplifier module, sheath coil, and carrying case. It is typically used on network systems to isolate a fault between manholes. An optional earth frame and surface coil are available.
The Electromagnetic Impulse Detector can be used with Megger PFL Systems or with surge generators of other manufacturers.